February was a such a warm month here in Indiana that the early blooming flowers got confused and started popping out of the ground! We were afraid that we would get a cold snap that would kill them all, and while it did get cool, it never did kill the flowers!
One of the other things I love about February is VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Not because I get some huge, romantic gift, but because I love the hand made gifts/cards that Bekah makes! Each year she gets a bit more creative in what she makes. I love looking forward to what she is going to do. She is quite the artist!
I also, thankfully, made a huge dent in getting rid of the Girl Scout cookies. Thankfully, by the end of February, there was not too much left!
February was also a month of travels for work. I went to a conference in San Diego. It
was weird.... it was such a warm month here in Indiana, but it was COLD in California! Bizarre! The conference was good, but I totally missed my family!
Bekah has never been on a plane, so I wanted to show her the view from the window.
![]() | |
Here is the view from the hotel. I didn't get out to see the city, we were so busy with the conference!
For my friend Jon Douglas, who once ate a quadruple bypass burger at the heart attack grill in Las Vegas NV. If he could conquer that HUGE burger, I figured this was right up his alley.... he declined though!
Every time I go on a business trip, I just have to bring something back for Rebekah. So I skipped out of the conference early one day.... or, eh wait.... I strategically decided that none of the presenters were of interest to my current role for a period of time.... and went browsing at some shops close to the hotel. I had a hard time picking something. She loves stuffies (stuffed animals), but we have a ton. She doesn't need coffee cups, key chains, etc, you know, the typical travel gift crap..... but then I found this necklace, and she LOVES jewelry. SCORE! I also decided to replace her outgrown Hawaii shirt with one from San Diego! She loved it all! (thankfully!)








No comments:
Post a Comment