So I told you that I would be back the night of my last post to update you all on thing, but things have been super crazy around here. The Hubs decided, and rightly so, that we needed to replace the roof of our house (so that has been encompassing most of our time. Oh, and when I say our, I mean of course his time. My job is to entertain the Princess, - i.e. keep her out of the Hub's hair, and to feed the manly men as they hang from the roof - two stories up). Now, we should have replaced the roof when there was a hail storm in 2006, but we used the insurance money to get out of debt... the roof wasn't that bad. It wasn't leaking (yet) and there were no holes in it.... so yeah, we could use the money to help up out and replace the roof at a later time.
Well, Guess what... now it's that dreaded later time. Yep. We (of course I have already established that we is he and that my sole role in this endeavor is to keep Princess out of the Hub's hair and make sure there is food and drink for the manly men - in the form of Gatorade and beer) are replacing the roof. We, as in the Hubs, decided that we could do it ourselves with the help of some friends and neighbors... but I guess that we, as in I, didn't realized just how involved the replacement would be. Thus far, it has taken 2 whole weekends, and a number of weekdays.... and there is still the garage to do! But I have to say, what is done so far is awesome looking!
We are moving from plain brown three-tab shingles, to lovely gray dimensional ones. They a beautiful... and rated for high wind... which is a huge plus in this area! Once the roof is done, then we (as in a contractor this time) will be hanging gutters and then I "think" we will be done for a couple of months.
Although we are looking at replacing the siding, sliding glass door in the living room, patio... it never ends, does it?
I'll post some pics of the roof in progress when I get them!
No comments:
Post a Comment