Sunday, February 22, 2009

Attack of the Sickies

I've been sick this past week, well not just me but poor Bekah too. It started on Monday night (well technically it was Tuesday morning at 12:48am) when all of the sudden I heard the little one crying over the baby monitor. Yes, she is 3 and we still use the monitor. I think we will continue to use it until she moves out. We might have to hide it as she gets older though... Anyway, she was crying because she had gotten sick in her bed, and the floor... and as I was getting her to the bathroom, the hall, on me, the bathroom floor...YUCK! She was appalled! She rarely gets tummy sick and didn't know what to do! Poor thing was sick all night. (by the end of the night, she was a pro at running to the potty to be sick - poor kiddo)

Of course we kept her home from daycare the next day, and I stayed home from work with her. She was feeling much better through out the day. So much better that when I called my boss to talk to him about a meeting we had scheduled, she was in the background laughing and carrying on... yeah I'm sure he believed she was really sick!

Anyway, that laid the groundwork for my tummy sickies... I ended up going home at noon on Thursday. I really debated going home, I mean who wants to leave work in the middle of the day, but in the end it was a good thing that I went! I stayed home on Friday also... ugh! So far it appears that Rick has escaped the tummy sickies. (lucky him)

I hate it when we are sick (not that anyone likes being sick)!

So now that we are over the tummy troubles, Bekah is starting to have a runny nose and cough. I swear, it never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment