Friday, February 20, 2009

Dreaming of Running (or is that being a runner)

I've never been a runner. Well with the exception of a brief stint in junior high school where I thought I could be a runner. However since moving here I've been inundated with runners, see we are proud sponsors of the largest half-marathon in the country. Really, it's some sort of strange addiction with these people. Everywhere you go there are runners. For seven years I've held out. I am NOT a runner, never wanted to be one... But then I started losing weight and wanted to prove to myself that I could, in fact, be one of those crazy runner people you see on the roads.

So far, I've run the Drumstick Dash (2.7mi), the Jingle Bell Run (3.1mi) and am training for a run in March (the Shamrock run... 4 miles). While I'll never say that I love running, I want to do it because I want to continue to prove that I can! It's not something that I find fun, it is in fact somewhat painful because I deal with some wicked shin splints. But I do it.

Who knows... maybe next year I'll be running the mini...

No comments:

Post a Comment