Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Facing the Scale

Never in a million years would I have ever, ever thought that I would be writing about this in Blogosphere... but in the interest of complying with my New Years resolutions, here goes.


I stepped on the scale yesterday for an actual accounting of just how off track I've been, and was appalled at what I saw...


158.4lbs!


That is a 10 lb increase from the summer! I mean, I knew I was gaining a bit of weight because my clothes were fitting a bit differently, but really.... 10 pounds!


Now instead of having to lose 15 to hit goal, I need to re-lose the 10 that I have gained to be back were I was before the great expansion.


I am determined to do it. I saw a preview of the show "Confessions of a Reality Show Loser" on Discovery Health. It was the profile of Jonathan Ross, the winner of Biggest Loser. He had gained all his weight back. Statistically, 95% of those that lose weight, regain some, all, or more.


I don't want to be a statistic.


I need to get real about what choices I am making and why. I am determined to get to goal, and stay there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm am right there with you! Same weight and all. I'm up 25 lbs since last year! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete