Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Resolutions

Well it's that time of year to make resolutions, and like most everybody else... I have a few of my own. Before we get into that, I thought that I would look at last years resolutions to see how I did...

Wait... I don't think that I made any last year! Well, I guess that is good because no resolutions means that I didn't have anything to be accountable for (hee hee)! That being said, I think there are a couple areas of my life that are in need of attention for 2010.

In no particular order, here they are!

  1. Train for and complete a half marathon. (I would love to run the 500 Festival Mini Marathon, but I'll be busy during the training season... see number 2)
  2. Train for and complete the Tahoe Century Ride for Team in Training
  3. Finally lose the last 20 lbs that are stubbornly hanging on.
  4. Be accountable and track my food intake (via Weight Watchers tracker... I pay for it... so I better start using it!)
  5. Be a better financial steward. War are part way there... we finally finished a debt management program, and now need to tackle student loans and retirement savings.
  6. Be more loving to my family.
  7. Be happy with what I have, and try to realize that this life is not about getting more and more things... but about family, friends and faith.
  8. Become stronger in faith, and be model princess of God for Bekah.
That is a hefty list... but like all things, it's not entirely in the achieving but the working towards the goal where true change is wrought. 

What change will I bring about?

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to train for a 1/2 marathon as well. I was 3 weeks into this week and hurt my back so bad I can barely move. What training are you using? I'm using an app on my iphone.

    ReplyDelete