Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow Games!

Last week a snow storm struck central Indiana. I don't know what it is about living here, but it seems like every time we get snow (which is rare... we usually get winter precipitation in the form of ICE) it starts either right before or during morning commute.

Seriously? Like these people need any help driving badly.

My darling husband decided that he would be the one to drive us that day (because a truck, not a four wheel drive truck, without weight in the back handles much better then a front wheel drive car does in the snow!). So, we all pile into the truck and head into work. It was just lightly snowing when we started out... but by the time we dropped off Bekah and headed into my work, snow flakes the size of quarters were falling!

Rick had planned to work the entire day. Adamant about it in fact. (even though we had proven the theory that these people here do not know how to drive in the snow) So, I thought that was the plan...

Then I received the call at 10:30. No hello, no asking if I was busy, nothing but the words "I'm coming to get you".

OK. Guess we are not working all day!

So I packed up, and we headed to the day-care to get Bekah and then home. It took us 1.5 hrs to drive 30 min. Guess it was a good think we left early!

I found out later that if we had waited until after the snow stopped, the roads in Indianapolis would have at least been cleared! (of course that doesn't mean the roads out where we live were cleared. They weren't, by the way!)


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, I had to drive 5hrs in that stuff last week..:-)

    ReplyDelete