On my way to the gym this morning (at 5:30 am) I almost hit a poor little puppy standing in the middle of US 31! I looked in the rear-view mirror, and it was just standing there as the cars zoomed/swerved by. So like any true idiot would do, I turned around and grabbed it from the road.
Uh, now what? I have to go to work... and how do we find the owners? The puppy had no tags....
Called Rick, who told me to take it to our vet (which by the way didn't open until 7am. It was only 6 am).
After waiting, and waiting at the vet, they finally opened and I took the puppy in. Of course they couldn't take the puppy in with out approval from the vet, who didn't get there until 9:30 am! So we assumed responsibility for the puppy, and checked him (and it's a boy) in for the day.
Now what? We'll call the shelters, animal control, but what after that? The puppy wasn't micro chipped, so no help there. If we don't find the owners, we are left with sending him to a shelter, finding him a home, or adopting him ourselves. (bet you can guess what Rick wants to do...)
Oh, and they are guessing that he is a Saint Bernard mix.... oh boy.
AWWW! so what happened? Details woman, details.
ReplyDelete