Monday, February 15, 2010

Friend Making Monday


It's Friend Making Monday, and Amber over at {ae filkins} is asking:
1) How did you spend your Valentine's Day? What did you get? What did you do?
OR
2) A list of your top reasons/things that would have made it even better.

So, lets see. What did we do for Valentines day? Well, Rick and I decided not to get each other anything. After all, we have a new puppy (that joined our family because I almost ran him over) who is requiring a lot of time, energy, and not the least of all MONEY! But seriously, I couldn't let the big V day go with out doing something. So during the week (aka. snow week) Bekah and I made Valentines cards. Cards for her classmates, grandparents, and last but not least... Rick!

But really other then that, there were no big plans. Rick had replaced my wedding ring not too long ago (you remember... the ring that was stolen...), and we didn't need anything. Well, excecept for the two Wii games that we bought! But that aside, there were no big plans.

We had a nice normal morning, and then Mom and Dad came over for Daytona. I barbecued ribs, made baked beans, and corn on the cob. Mom brought a pie (YUM), and we just sat around celebrating Valentines day the great American way... watching Nascar!

3 comments:

  1. How did you make your blog sooo pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a background from the cutest blog on the block. Here is the link. http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

    You know.... they even have a wedding category for the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! We spent most of the day watching the race too!

    ReplyDelete