Thursday, February 11, 2010

How in the world did this happen?

I am sitting here filling out kindergarten registration forms for Bekah, and wondering how in the world is she old enough to be going to kindergarten?
This September she will be wearing a uniform, and going to school.

But wasn't it just yesterday that I was pregnant with her, and kissing Rick good-by as he deployed to Iraq?
Didn't we just bring her home from the hospital? My little glow baby, all orange from jaundice and on a bili blanket?

How did she get to be such a sassy, big girl?

I remember as a child, it seemed like time crept by... and now it flies by. I want to take her in my arms, tell her to not grow up too fast. There isn't enough time in a lifetime for princess tea parties or dress up, catching bubbles or fireflies.... please baby girl (okay... big girl), enjoy every minute of it!
(And don't grow up too fast!)


1 comment: