It started out as a typical dance recital does with Bekah. She walked in with her class, smiled and waved, started the stretching exercises, and then it happened.. in went the thumb, up went the guard hand, and out came the big tears. She streaked across the floor to me, and would not leave my side no matter what anyone said. Of course I was thinking "Great. Just great. Yet another wonderful recital. If this is going to be too much for her, maybe we shouldn't do it anymore." This was during the warm up exercises where the girls were dancing, hoping, sashaying (is that a word???) across the floor. But once they started to do the actual dance routine, Bekah wanted to join in. Before I knew it, she was all smiles!
Amazing! She was happy, I was happy, it was roses and sunshine all around, and best of all I finally got some pictures of my dancing ballerina!
Starting the "Momma's Little Baby" dance
Preparing for free dancing
Waiting for her ribbon
Bekah and her teacher
No comments:
Post a Comment