So I thought I hated running, see post below about running, until I went for my physical today and "stupidly" told my PCP about the shin splints that I've had for, I don't know... since October! Well, we talked a bit about the running program that I do (program.... I just kind of make it up as I go!) and the other activity that I do, then he examined my shins. The good thing is that he doesn't feel any knots on the bone (that would be bad....), but he is worried about how long they have lasted. He said phrases like "re-examine in early summer", and "physical therapy", and then said the dreaded "if they don't resolve, then you'll see an ortho who will put you in a walking boot for 6 weeks"!
WHAT!!!!
A Walking Boot!!!!
For Shin Splints!!!!
Then he mentioned that I wouldn't be able to exercise during that time, and would have to stop running. I honestly think I had a mini panic attack when I heard that! It's funny how that things that pain me, I become unwilling to give up! It is seriously like an addiction. Now I know why my girlfriend went through so much to be able to run the Mini Marathon.... it gets into your blood.
I will not stop running.... I will overcome this.... I will run.... (Hi, my name is Brandie... and I have a running addiction)
No comments:
Post a Comment