I tend to get really frustrated with Bekah sometimes, and yesterday was one of those days. We had planned all week to meet friends at the Children's Museum because they were doing a performance of Sleeping Beauty. Bekah and I had talked about it all week and she was super excited... until we got there. The tickets for the show were sold out (bad planning on Mommy's part), so we decided just to hang out and play - we were already there, the girls get along great, and we had a free afternoon so why not?
Well, let me tell you why not. As soon as we got to the area that the girls love to plan in... Bekah morphed into "shy girl". She stood in the middle of the floor with her thumb in her mouth, not wanting to play. She wouldn't move. No matter what. I finally got frustrated with her and told her that she had a choice to make: to go play, or to go home. Of course she chose to play... but wow, what a pain! I know that I sounded like such a mean mommy... but really she wasn't doing it because she is shy, it was all an act! One that we've seen before, and have become incredibly tired of.
When will the amazing "Shy Girl" morph back into my daughter and end the act?
No comments:
Post a Comment