So, I'm back from the run.. well I've been back for a while, but we've had a busy afternoon (I'll post about that later).
The run went okay, as okay as it could for not having trained as much as I needed to. I met my running group (Armando, Heather, and their daughter Savannah - being pushed in a jogging stroller) at work, and we all car pooled downtown. Good thing, because parking was horrendous! Anyway, we got there, got the stuff out of the van and headed down to monument circle. Since we had about 30 minutes before the race was to start, Heather and I decided to run into the bathroom. Well let me tell you, that was an adventure in and of itself. Worthy of a medal. There were only 2 bathrooms inside the race headquarters, and 6 port-a-lets outside (for those who don't know, a port-a-let is what they call port-a-pots here... learn something new everyday). I honestly didn't think that we would get to use the rest room before the race started... but thankfully we did (I'm not sure that I could have run for 4 miles if I hadn't been able to pee first)!
The route was really nice. We started out from the circle, ran through downtown (which was great because I never really get to see downtown... there is alot down there), and then past the Lilly center. (We got to see the backside of my daughter's daycare) We then headed down to fountain square, where the city officials were reported to have dyed a fountain green in celebration of the festival.... but I didn't see it. After that we headed back up towards town.
The running... well it could have been better, if I had trained more for it! The first couple miles were okay... after all, that is all I've been running. About 2 1/4 into the run, we had to stop to fix the jogging stroller... thank God because I was getting really winded! And then it happened, right before the 3 mile mark I got a stitch in my side. That really sucked! But really, it's what I get for not having prepared enough. Armando and Heather kept telling me that I should slow down and walk, but I wouldn't hear about it. I was going to run to the end if it killed me... although I'm glad it didn't!
So, the official time for the run was an 11:23 min mile, but Heather says I should take about 30 seconds off that time because we were stopped with the stroller. That would make the time under an 11 min mile. I could, but honestly I needed the stop so reducing the time would be cheating, in a way...
and besides knowing that, I have something to beat for next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment