Thursday, December 17, 2009

This isn't going to end well, I thought... and it didn't!


“This isn’t going to end well,” I thought to myself as I walked into the house last night.
You see, we are in the middle of redoing Bekah’s bathroom, and yesterday Rick was supposed to be putting up the trim. What I was commenting about in my heads was the blue air hose that was snaking its way from the garage, into the house, through the kitchen, up the stairs, and into Bekah’s bathroom. It was the air compressor hose that was attached to the pneumatic nail gun that Rick was using to put the trim up.
All was going well, for a while. I was down in the kitchen cooking dinner (a very yummy spaghetti and meatballs dinner, with homemade sauce and meatballs), Bekah was in the living room playing, and Rick was upstairs working on the trim.
Then it happened…  I head the pop, pop of the nail gun and then one final pop and the gun hit the floor. That was not the sound I was expecting to hear, so I went to the stairs and asked if everything was okay.
The response I got was, “Uh, no. I shot myself.”
WHAT!
After running upstairs and assessing the damage, it wasn’t as bad as it first sounded. Luckily the nail went through the fat part of his finger and missed all bone. Thank God! Of course he refused to go to the hospital for antibiotics and a tetanus shot (he’s a guy after all), so we’ll see how it goes as it heals up.

No comments:

Post a Comment