Thursday, December 3, 2009

Surrounded...

It feels like I am surrounded.

Surrounded by cancers. Cancers that are destroying friends and family.

I don't know if I am just more aware of cancers now, with my participation with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, or if there really is an huge increase in the numbers of people that have cancers. Of friends and family that have cancers.

I just lost my Uncle Carson today to cancer. Cancer that started in the colon, and spread to his brain.

I am losing my Grandmother to cancer. Cancer she has been battling for what seems like forever (at least 15 years). Cancer that started as breast cancer, was treated, came back, and has spread with vengeance. She was recently told that she has months...

I met a wonderful lady over the summer, through Team in Training, who is losing her sister to cancer.

A woman that is truly a blessing in my and my daughter's life, who is teaching her to love Jesus through music, is battling breast cancer.

The daughter of a friend is struggling with liver cancer.

I am slowly losing my Mom to Chronic Lympocytic Leukemia.

I am surrounded... and I hate it. I want to battle the cancers away from my friends and family. Protect them so that they won't have to struggle with it anymore, so no one will have to.

No one deserves this.

What I can do is PRAY.

Pray with out ceasing. Pray in earnest. Pray for healing. Pray for peace. Pray that no one has to succumb to cancers again.

PRAY.

Will you pray with me?






No comments:

Post a Comment